005Dec 06, 2022
#005: Why Diet Matters with RA Plus 3 Simple Steps to Get Started
Wondering if it's worth the effort to clean up your diet?
Does it really impact how you feel living with Rheumatoid arthritis?
I can tell you with 100% certainty that YES it does!
I learned early on how focusing on quality, healthy food nourished my body at the cellular level. But even more than that, I've learned how it's a gift that keeps on giving.
You see, when you eat foods that support your body, you're empowering the cells deep within to do what they do best, take care of you.
In return, they release anti-inflammatory compounds that not only give you more energy, but also help drive down inflammatory levels...
What this does in the long run is better equip YOU to handle an RA flare if and when it rears its ugly head.
You have more strength, energy, and stamina to help move through the flare quickly, so you can get back to life.
Today I'm sharing more on this as well as 3 SIMPLE steps you can take to get started in making healthier food choices.
Here's a glance at what I'm sharing in today's episode...
- My thoughts on how diet is not being discussed as part of an initial RA diagnosis
- How the standard American/western diet is failing us and which ingredients are the worst offenders
- Mindset tips to help you move past the thought of 'its too hard', 'I'm too much of a foodie', 'I'm the only one making changes in the family...it'll never work'.
- The benefits of cleaning up your diet
- Three SIMPLE actionable steps you can take to start moving toward a healthier way of eating.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Episode: 004 - Why Do I Crave Sugar?: https://www.buzzsprout.com/2016421/11489588 Click the link to listen.
- RA Strategies for Healthy Holidays - Saturday, December 10, 2022 @ 2pm (CT) Register TODAY via the link below!
Ready for Start Small with a Goal of Sustainable Change?
Jumpstart your journey by adding the nutrients your body is missing first and foremost with my FREE RA Pain Reducing and Energizing Smoothie Guide. A simple solution that's easy to incorporate into your day.
Rate, Review, and Subscribe!
I am honored that you tuned in to today's show and I don't want you to miss a single episode! Make sure you go HERE to hit the subscribe button so you know when the next episode drops.
If you found this episode helpful in any way, please leave me a Rating + Review. When you do, it helps me reach and support other people, just like you, so that they can move toward living a healthier and happier life with RA. Click HERE, scroll down to the bottom, tap to rate with 5 stars, then scroll down and tap 'Write a Review'. Then share what resonated with you in the episode! What did you love the most?
Looking for community and like-minded individuals in this journey?
CLICK HERE to join my Thrive: A Community for Rheumatoid Arthritis on Facebook